We all write articles and blogs with hopes to get them ranked at the top in Google search results. We do take a lot of measures to ensure the best SEO techniques are implemented while others simply hit the “publish blog” button and wait for months to see their articles rank up in Google search results. SEO plugins in WordPress don’t become available until one pays for a premium plan. So, let’s discuss ways and learn how we can implement the best SEO techniques without having to install any WordPress plugin and just by using simple ways to write and optimize your blog.
Before that, you may want to read:
Writing a good and optimized blog requires skills and knowledge. There are a lot of aspects that need to be kept in mind while finalizing a blog before publishing it for public view.
Here are a few blogging articles below you may want to refer to write a meaningful, optimized and an amazing blog. Applying SEO techniques would make sense only if a blog is first written in the best possible ways at first.
Once a blog has been written and all the required and important blogging points from the above blogging articles have been taken into consideration, it’s time to think how we can do justice to all the efforts driven to write this blog, by implementing the perfect SEO techniques.
SEO Plugins in WordPress have unique algorithms that help published blogs to get indexed with search engines well and eventually rank them in Google search results based on user interests/number of times that article is clicked and some other factors as well.
In this article below, we will get to know how without using any WordPress SEO plugin, we can, in best of the ways, implement blogging SEO techniques & strategies.
1. Use multiple hashtags related to the article written. Think more as a user searching different keywords to arrive at your article and then put down all the hashtags you find relevant. Keywords used in hashtags allow your article to surface in Google search results if the same keywords are used by someone while searching. This again, is a probable statement but turns out to be helpful and effective in most of the cases and is one of the best blogging practices.
2. Use enough outbound links. Link to relevant articles from other websites wherever you think few specific terms in your article/blog needs more explanation. Never link to another blog that explains the same overall content as of your blog to avoid unnecessary competitions leading to blogging complications for you.
3. Use enough internal links. Link some specific keywords in your blog/article to relevant articles/blogs/pages in your own website for better explanation, so that there are chances of users clicking on those links to know more thereby generating more traffic and page views to your other articles & blogs as well. This is one of the best SEO strategies to generate traffic within your own website.
4. Ensure your blog has a word length of minimum 300-350 words. Click here to know how to choose the best keywords so that your article ranks well in the future. An appropriately lengthy article empowers you to use all the relevant keywords more strategically that would enable your blog to index well and effectively rank in Google search results.
5. Ensure that your blog’s title is not too long since it should fit and needs to be fully visible within the width of Google search results. Don’t use stop words like “and”, “with”, etc. in the blog’s title and use more “-” and “|” instead of underscore symbol.
6. The blog’s URL or slug needs to have more than 50% of the words used in the blog’s title. The slug shouldn’t be lengthy but should be short and precisely related to the blog’s topic.
Also, for a blog of 300-400 words must have the main keyphrase used in the blog’s title, to be repeated precisely twice in the body of the article.
7. Try to use the main keywords(that highlight the blog’s overall content) multiple times throughout the article but in a meaningful way.
8. Usage of alternate text after uploading images in your blog is must. Alt-text empowers these images to appear in Google image search results and these also help tremendously in generating quality organic traffic.
9. Body of the blog should be neat and optimized. Best blogging practices start with effective and strategic writing.
Try thinking from a reader’s perspective. No one wants to read lengthy paragraphs with repeated words or same repeated logic written in different ways.
Paragraphs need to be smaller with two sentences at the maximum and usage of “and”, “however”, “but”, “whereas” etc. are recommended.
The first paragraph always need to have the main keyphrase of the blog included.
10. Usage of multiple sub-headings within a blog, that highlights separate parts of the content of the blog in categorized ways, is necessary. It is recommended to have the main keyphrase used in almost all the sub-headings in meaningful ways.
11. Once after the blog is published, ensure to navigate to your Google Search Console and click “TEST LIVE URL” at the top right corner. Allow it to execute the result as “URL is available to Google” with all green ticks and then hit Request Indexing option.
12. Within few weeks, your blog should get indexed and soon after it should start appearing in Google search results.
Hopefully you would find the above methods useful while implementing the best SEO techniques and strategies to your blogs and ensuring the best blogging practices are taken care of.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.