In my previous articles(here), we read how to get website earnings/Google AdSense health going strong by following and implementing few simple methods. Now let’s see how to increase traffic to your site/blog.
It takes solid time to get your blog/site indexed with search engines. Still, there are few amazing and simple ways you may want to try to keep your visitors coming regularly.
Click here to check out related articles for effective blogging practices.
- Find your niche and gain knowledge on that.
- Try to write on good quality and highly trending content. I can understand if your interests are different still, try using long-tail keywords that index well with search engines.
- Register your site with Google Search Console to keep a track of your website’s health and performance with regards to keywords. Click here to know how to register your site with Google Search Console.
- Use high quality images between your articles and paragraphs to keep your readers interested and not get bored of lengthy content.
- Keep your sentences short and paragraphs thinner.
- Use active voice while writing. Example: Use “I clicked this image while walking on the street” rather than “This image was clicked by me while walking “. Use more “I”s and “You”s.”
- Use more transition words like, “so”, “but”, “however”, “because” etc.
- Contribute to others’ blogs: share someone’s blog into your site with full credits and comment and like & comment on someone’s blog after reading. That ways, your site may attract visitors from the blog you contributed to.
If you want to get your site/blog noticed, you have to let others know that you exist as a blogger too-by commenting on others’ posts.
- Engage your readers by using Smarter Push Notifications For Desktop And Mobile so that they keep coming back for newer content. Click here to know more.
- Post regularly, recommended is thrice a week.
- Share your posts on Facebook groups that are of similar topics as of yours. Engage with other users also in that group so that you get noticed.
- Use Facebook ads to promote your blogs.
- Sharing/Answering with your site’s link on related questions on Quora would also attract decent traffic to your website.
- Pinterest is an amazing way to draw traffic to your website, click here to know how.
- Do on-page SEO while writing your blog post. An important recommendation would be to use Yoast plugin for WordPress.