Know the basic DOs and DON’Ts of Google AdSense and try your best to stick to these! Know what are invalid traffic, multiple clicks and how to avoid these. This will ensure your Google AdSense account doesn’t get suspended for 30 days/permanently.
In case your Google AdSense account has been suspended for 30 days/permanently due to invalid traffic or multiple clicks, there’s little you can do to get it back before that.
Google doesn’t give you the privilege to appeal for a temporary suspension of 30 days.
In case your account is permanently disabled, you may appeal for the same however there are very less chances of it getting reinstated.
This article will help you prevent such incident from happening in the future by undertaking some simple methods and ensuring few basic measures in place.
Remember the joy when you received the first email from the Google AdSense Team stating your site can now show Google AdSense ads?
The exactly opposite emotion can turn the tables down on you if on one fine day you find out that your Google Adsense account is disabled temporarily/permanently! Shocking isn’t it? Equally heart-breaking and a lot demotivating too!
In case you are still trying to figure out how to get a Google Adsense account approved, click here to arrive at your solution.
Always remember, there’s no such thing as “tips & tricks” to get your Google Adsense account approved nor it is recommended to purchase a used Adsense account from someone else. It’s always safe and recommended to build and maintain your own AdSense account.
But, there are certain DOs and DON’Ts which, if you keep in mind from the very first day you get your AdSense account approved, may save you from a lot of disappointments later.
Please keep in mind that Google is one of those multi-billionaire companies out there that already has a strong monopoly on the ads segment of the business, which reportedly helps in majority of its yearly revenue.
So, it’s very much evident that any company at this stage will have all possible kinds of measures available within its core security implementations through which it can easily rule out all kinds of forgery an end-user could think of.
In this article I’m going to point out those important parameters which every publisher must bear in mind throughout the entirety of serving Google Adsense ads.
Before I begin, in case if you are still unfamiliar with Adsense’s Terms and Policies, please click here and get acquainted first. Yes I know, it’s a long read however, no article would be meaningful without you knowing the ‘why’ of it.
- You would always want to check your website at regular intervals of a day to note and determine if your ad placements look appropriate on both mobile and desktop layouts.
So, in the process of scrolling through your site’s pages, ensure to be extra cautious so that there are no accidental clicks on your ads.
Even though, Google will not ban you just for a couple of accidental clicks but if you are not careful enough and the same incident keeps repeating, your account might be in trouble.
- Keep a track of your Page CTR%. It(Clickthrough Rate) denotes the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown: clicks ÷ impressions = CTR.
In case you notice it is increasing abnormally on a certain day throughout regular intervals, ensure to restrict it within 10-15% to be on the safer side. Even though your CTR has crossed 15% mark due to valid traffic clicks but still there’s always a risk as you never know for sure.
In such scenarios, it is advised to take off your Google ads codes from your website and write an Invalid Click Activity Form to Google as a proactive step informing them of any invalid activity beforehand.
Click here to access the form.
- Try and implement good SEO practices to drive organic traffic to your site.
Social media traffic aren’t categorized as bad or ‘invalid’ traffic however a visitor arriving at your site by clicking on your shared post on a social media platform may/may not find your content relevant and may end up clicking few of the attractive ads in random manner. If you get 5 such visitors every day repeating the same activity, your Adsense account could be in danger.
Whereas a visitor arriving at your site through an organic search, in most cases, would have searched a keyword and hence landed at your page due to relevant and matching context through a search engine.
So the chances of such users playing around with ads would be less as they will either stick to your content if found relevant to the searched keyword or just navigate back to the search results to try a different website.
- Keep your ads-placements optimized. Too many ads within a limited content may also result in a visitor’s accidental click on your ads.
- After obtaining Adsense approval, stick to your content and ideas which got you the same. Any unhealthy deviations in your content after getting Adsense approval, that violates Adsense’s Policies, may lead your account into trouble. Google never stops monitoring Adsense publishers’ contents in order to protect and safeguard advertisers’ and other users’ interests.
- Use a theme that is responsive enough to allow the ads to fit in properly. This not only maximizes your chances of clicks but also ensures to build in and retain the reader’s interest as he/she progresses through your article.
- Keep your ads.txt updated.
- Never click on your own ads.
- Never ask your friends, relatives, acquaintances, colleagues to click on your ads, even if they are at different locations. This eventually leads to invalid multi-clicks and would leave you regretting later as Google will track the pattern of clicks sooner or later.
- If you are getting an AdSense account thinking you will get richer overnight, then please don’t proceed. Making money through AdSense requires a lot of dedication, planning and hard-work.
- Don’t implement any kind of robotic-codes in your pages that will auto-click your ads. Trust me, it will be caught.
- Don’t partner with low quality services offering paid traffic that guarantees a certain no. of clicks/visitors each day. Trust me, these are temporary measures and you will find yourself spending more behind these without any permanent gain.
- Don’t write direct/indirect/deceptive lines indicating a visitor to click on your ads.
If you could think of any important point that we may have missed, please feel free to put it down in the comments section!
Thanks for reading and hope your Google Adsense account doesn’t get suspended 🙂